12.26.2010

make your own damn dinner!

  1. only 4 more posts after tonight...isn't that strange? it certainly is for me. 
  2. snowed in! we have about a foot and it seems to still be snowing. i hope that we can make it out by tuesday and start taking care of things. but it sure is beautiful. 
  3. watched iron man 2 with my parents tonight and liked it a lot. the first was better but i liked this one because of how it ends. 
i started looking at my cookbooks and regular books i got for christmas and am very excited to go through all of them. my book about the italian language is fun so far and i think it will only get better. i got one cookbook and lucked into a second one as a bonus present and i have found some good recipes in both so far! cooking is fun and can be relaxing once i am organized and in the zone. i learned from several excellent cooks and bakers (mostly family members from both sides) some important tips and tricks. i have more to learn and that is fine with me...just gives me an excuse to be in the kitchen (tasting along the way). therefore, my bucket list item (my final one, i suppose, though i may add in one on the last day) is to compile family recipes. i want to have my go-to recipes for holidays and other traditional dishes ready for when i move into my own place and am cooking on my own. i even have a monogrammed chef hat--silly, but necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment