12.27.2010

my liminal space

  1. being at home is the best! i love all the snow and i love my family and i am so grateful to be safe and happy and on break. it's been a great one so far and will only get better. 
  2. tomorrow is the first adventure since the snowstorm. off to the gym (much needed) and to take my mom around on some errands since her car is out o' commission.
  3. lazed around the house today and watched rom coms and started thank-you notes. do you see why i love winter break? haha. 
the closer i get to no more blogging the more confused i feel. really, this has been such an experience for me and it's been a big part of my growth process this year. i just randomly decided to do this thing and a few people have been reading ever since. that has meant a lot to me; the people who have read this, on and off, but especially those who have been faithful readers. before i start waxing too nostalgic, i suppose i should remember that this is not my last blog post, just one of the last. until i start my travel blog, that is. i am honestly quite sad to see 2010 go...it's been a really great year for me, but also a really tough one. but those are not mutually exclusive for me. the hard parts have made the other parts even better and more worth it. it's fun being 20. not a teenager but not 21. not a kid but not an adult. though, at times, i find myself wishing i was a kid again and freaking out that i never will be a kid again. it's a really scary thought if i think about it too much. but it's frustrating sometimes not to be an adult and living a post-school life in the real world. i have always been mature (most of the time) and sometimes it's hard being constrained by a number to a certain standard of behavior. alas, that is why i am comfortable with being 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment